Field Service Manager
Program / Customer Relations
Professional, Engineer & Manager
About the role
SAFRAN Helicopter Engines Australia is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Field Service Manager who will be responsible for the comprehensive operational on field responsibilities for the Field Representative team. The successful candidate will play a key role in the functional interaction, coordination and communication with the members of the site front, back office and corporate teams. This role will also provide maintenance service and technical advice for SAFRAN Helicopter engines/modules or components at Customers' base or at SAFRAN Helicopter Engines Australia Service Centre.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Field Service Manager is responsible for:
- • Managing the team in a way that achieves objectives in terms of Quality, deadline and fixed cost in compliance with customer needs
- • Apply and ensure the correct application of internal regulations, directives, standard and instructions in force with the team
- • Assume the role of referral agent for the Field Representative activity and ensure comprehensive operational coaching and support of the team
- • Propose corrective, courses or areas for improvement
- • Manage the qualifications / approvals of the team
- • Define, implement and ensure the follow up of the operating budget
- • Complete Field Representative duties on area of assignment
- • Ensure objectives follow up, explain and alert on discrepancies and propose corrective actions
- • Carry out the reporting and communication for the activity
- • Providing technical assistance to SAFRAN Helicopter Engines Australia marketplace as required: 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- • Make and ascertain that all necessary entries on Logbooks and technical reports are properly executed for the work performed
- • Release to service the SAFRAN engine and/or aircraft component by issuing and signing the approval for return to service after the performance of maintenance works as qualified
- • Complete Technical Reports as appropriate for the work performed
- • Visit customers as per established programme
- • Report Fleet activity
- • Report Customer satisfaction as required
- • Co-ordinate and communicate with Customer Service team as required to ensure highest levels of support and customer satisfaction
This demanding role requires you to have strong proven experience and knowledge in:
- • One of more of SAFRAN Helicopter Engine variants such as, Arriel, Arrius, RTM322
- • Performing technical support for operators
- • Team management
- • Providing detailed customer service
- • Performing maintenance tasks in service centres and in the field
- • Performing release inspections and issuing release documentation
Additionally in this role, you will be required to frequently travel to the numerous operators in the region, therefore flexibility is rated as a key attribute.
To be successful in this role you, you must have:
- • A trade certificate or equivalent in mechanical, electrical, or technical fields and/or additional training as well as professional experience acquired on gas turbine engines
- • A minimum of ten years field service representative experience within an aviation repair & overhaul environment both in shop and on field
- • Successfully completed any Line 1 or Line 2 engine training courses, through Turbomeca or SAFRAN Helicopter Engines Australia Training School will be highly advantageous
- • Exceptional time management and organisation skills in a remote/field environment
- • Demonstrated knowledge of the aeronautical industry and of airworthiness regulations and standards
- • Knowledge of continuous improvement methods (LEAN, 5S, etc.)
- • Working knowledge of relevant MS Office programs
- • Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of developing and maintaining good working relationships
- • Ability to analyse, think and anticipate
- • Ability to work under pressure
- • Working at Height Certificate (would be advantageous)
- • A strong team spirit
- • Outstanding level of both written and oral English communication
- • Be able to work in a culturally diverse environment
- • French language skills can be an advantage
How to Apply
Candidates must currently have the legal right to work in Australia to be eligible to apply for this position.
Please note all final applicants for this position will be asked to complete a national police check and each application will be considered on its merits.
All applications should include a covering letter and up to date CV and be submitted to the attention of Human Resources quoting reference number FSM0221.
To submit your application on our website it is best to use Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer on a desktop. If you have any issues submitting your application please contact Tara on 02 9796 6600.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (CSR)Published on 02/23/2021Bankstown Airport Nsw, Australia Permanent Customer services and support
Aircraft MechanicPublished on 02/22/2021Bankstown Airport Nsw, Australia Permanent Manufacture / assembly and repair
Business Administration TraineePublished on 02/22/2021Bankstown Airport Nsw, Australia Apprenticeship Administrative