Non Destructive Technician LVL 2 - 2nd Shift
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
- • To perform Non- Destructive testing on all SafranHE Parts. This role develops and supports a continuous improvement culture within the team to help the team meet department challenges.
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Ensures that Safety is a priority.
- • Ensures all Safety Deviations are immediately attended to on the line and are reported to the Supervisor or Manager.
- • Participates in the Level 1 QRQC, ensures escalations (if required) are reported to the Master Technician, Supervisor / Manager.
- • Wear all required PPE in accordance to SafranHE USA standards.
- • Reports deviations to his Supervisor or Manager.
- • Monitor completion of self-Inspections and report any deviations to the Supervisor or Manager.
- • Participates in Gate Reviews if required.
- • Ensures that Scheduling commitments are met and escalate any risks to the Supervisor or Manager.
- • Participate on Ideas for improvements for the shop and the company.
- • Assists Supervisor shop daily tasks.
- • Ensures 5S standard commitments are met.
- • Supports SAFRANHE USA and management policies.
- • Required “On Call” duty.
- • Ability to complete assigned task within Company Standards.
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
- • To perform Non- Destructive testing on all SafranHE USA parts that requires Inspection.
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • ASNT/NAS 410 Certified LVL on FPI and MPI
- • LVL II ET / UT Recommended
- • School Certification of completion of Non Destructive testing.
- • Internal applicants only: a minimum of 3 years of aviation maintenance/repair/overhaul experience in lieu of NDI experience.
- • Demonstrated experience, knowledge on the different techniques associated with the disciplines performed in SafranHE USA.
- • Identify gaps and propose action plans to close the gaps and bring team members up to standard.
5.0 Physical Requirements:
- • The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran pursues a continuous strategy of differentiation through innovation and undertakes extensive ongoing research and development programs.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 72,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
MachinistPublished on 07/30/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance
Alternance - Chaudronnier H/FPublished on 07/30/2020Toulouse, France Apprenticeship Manufacture / assembly and repair
Alternance - Ingénieur Fabrication H/FPublished on 07/30/2020Toulouse, France Apprenticeship Manufacture / assembly and repair