Professional, Engineer & Manager
1.0 Summary of Job Purpose:
Provides Technical Support to Field Representatives & Customers – Maintains visibility on Performance & Reliability of SafranHE engines in service
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Provides Technical Support to Field Representatives & Customers via phone, email, fax and/or visits,
- • Prepares / validates Technical Agreements under Design Office delegation,
- • Acts as “in service incident” investigation coordinator (member of the EPE team) & generate investigation report(s),
- • Develops engines Maintainability – initiates associated maintenance procedures revision,
- • Analyses removals, Maintains records, & Performs periodic analysis of Reliability for engines in service,
- • Must have proficiency in written and spoken English
- • Domestic and International Travel Required: 10 %
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
Defines project objects and develops procedures, identifies problems, and recommends solutions; requests expenditure. Has authority to act at his own discretion, with short-term review by the Director of Engineering Support. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation. Errors may lead to high risk of major damage to the organization resulting in the need to create totally new approaches.
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • Bachelors degree in the field of Aeronautical Maintenance or Engineering or related field required; Master's degree preferred; or two to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, in the field of Aeronautical Maintenance or Engineering,.
- • Intermediate Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and experience with MS Access.
- • Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information, and rules and regulations that must be interpreted, adapted, and applied to the unique requirements of the organization.
- • Knowledge of turboshaft engines for helicopters.
- • Will be exposed to occasional written or spoken French – must be able to grasp its gist.
5.0 Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran pursues a continuous strategy of differentiation through innovation and undertakes extensive ongoing research and development programs.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 72,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
MachinistPublished on 07/25/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance
Chargé de maintenance des Moyens D'Essais sur sites extérieurs H/FPublished on 08/17/2019Bordes Cedex, France Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance
New Production TechnicianPublished on 08/16/2019Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair