Supplier Quality Engineer
Professional, Engineer & Manager
2.0 Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Ensure full understanding of the quality policy, promote and support the deployment.
- • Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommend solutions to problems or changes in procedures. Conference with members of engineering and operations regarding quality assurance of products.
- • Ensure that the quality of internal products delivered by the assigned area is in conformity with the Applicable requirements. To do so, ensure that instructions and provisions concerning quality are correctly applied. Ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the corrective actions planned in this context. Indicators:
o Customer complaint rate
o Balanced Score Cards
- • Ensure full understanding of the quality management method of QRQC, quality procedures, and ensure comprehension and application:
o Quality management methods
o Approach, methodology and quality/SMS/risk tools in the site (QRQC, root cause analysis, risk analysis, FMEA.)
- • Define and monitor compliance including approvals/qualifications by way of auditing workstation/product, process/system).
- • performance and take appropriate actions to ensure the quality of the delivered product.
- • Stop activities in case of major discrepancy in relation with the operation managers (discrepancy that does not allow to deliver conform product or service) and support the definition of corrective action plan to restart the activities in a timely manner.
- • Based on the management and reporting standards defined by SafranHE USA and Safran Corporate requirements, instigate, monitor the assigned area Quality Balance Score Cards to evaluate the results and appraise the overall quality performance of the assigned area. Warn the personnel/Supervisors/Manager concerned of any discrepancies identified and ensure an action plan is defined by the assigned area team and validated by the area Manager. Ensure Measurement of effectiveness and efficiency of any corrective actions planned.
- • Participate in multi-area synergies and transverse initiatives regarding quality.
- • Suggest adaptations and/or improvements on quality issues, especially those pertaining to the assigned area specificities.
- • Exercise the duty to alert: initiate the escalation process in the event of a difficulty that has to be resolved by a higher hierarchical level.
- • Observe HSE recommendations and procedures, identify and report to his/her assigned area manager on any HSE deviations or risks encountered.
- • Support Safran Helicopter Engines USA technical engineering personnel in the creation of Light Repair First Article validation files.
- • Support external suppliers engineering and quality personnel in the creation of Light Repair First Article validation files. Also taking into consideration any Safran Corporate quality requirement
3.0 Scopes and Accountabilities:
- • Prioritization of the workload assigned by quality management.
- • Train and coach the site operation teams in the quality management.
- • Ensure that each quality team member benefits from the necessary means to achieve their assigned objectives.
- • Distribute and Explain the information received from the Corporate Quality Direction (example: modification of corporate procedure) within their area of activity in order to develop the understanding and the relationship to the company objectives.
- • Ensure implementation of the instructions, standards and current site instructions.
- • Metric reporting completion and transmittal as required
4.0 Required Competencies; Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities:
- • Minimum of 5 years related experience. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College preferred.
- • Ability to review and analyze diverse forms of data/information
- • Intermediate Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- • Ability to communicate through various mediums including phone/email/interpersonal
- • Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information (including technical), rules and regulations.
- • Strong teamwork and networking skills both with Customers and colleagues at the site and corporate level.
- • Bi-lingual / foreign language would be a plus (French, Spanish) along with comfort interacting with foreign cultures.
5.0 Physical Requirements:
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- • The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
- • The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 84,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 75,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
Machinist/WelderPublished on 09/16/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Material HandlerPublished on 09/12/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Supply chain
Senior Kitting CoordinatorPublished on 09/11/2020Grand Prairie , United States Regular Full time Supply chain