Accountant/ Financial Analysis
Employees / Staff
1.0 SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE
Ensure integrity of Safran Power Units San Diego financial accounting. This role requires working collaboratively with local staff, shared services in Queretaro, Mexico and accounting team in Toulouse, France. Provide detailed reports that include Financial Statements and forecasting.
2.0 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- • Coordinate all day-to-day accounting functions (cash management/collection, banking, A/R, A/P, fixed assets, general ledger, consolidation, period end reporting to the company and to the group, internal and outside audits)
- • Prepare consolidation reports, respect Safran Group internal rules in a timely manner
- • Account Reconciliation
- • Journal Entries
- • Revenue recognition (IFRS 15)
- • Financial statement preparation (Balance sheet and P&L)
- • Travel required – 0-5% if needed, domestic.
Develops procedures, identifies problems, and recommends solutions to insure accurate financial accounting and reporting of USA based Safran Power Units companies. Has authority to act at his/her own discretion, with short-term review by the Controller.
4.0 REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Education/Knowledge/Skills and Abilities
- • Excellent interpersonal skills with two to five years of related customer support experience in a technical enterprise – preferably aerospace;
- • Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business.
- • Preferably 5+ years-experience in manufacturing environment for a multinational company running SAP ERP platform
- • SAP FI/CO experience in manufacturing environment
- • Experice with IFRS and GAAP highly preferred.
- • Support budget/forecast process
- • Ability to interact with functional areas (Engineering, purchasing, aftermarket, HR, etc.)
- • Advanced level Microsoft Excel highly preferred
- • AR/AP experience
o Vendor local point of contact for accounting matters
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Power Units is specialized in designing and manufacturing auxiliary generators and starter systems for civil and military aerospace, jet engines for missiles and target drones. The company is a world leader in its field with over 21,000 systems delivered worldwide since its inception in 1961.