IT / IS Business Analyst
Employees / Staff
As an IT Business Analyst at Safran Helicopter Engines UK, you'll be working closely with our key stakeholder and supporting the delivery of the company strategic objectives.
You'll have a keen interest in IT and must be able to work as part of a busy business support team. Working closely with other departments you will need to build relationships with both internal and external customers.
We expect our Business Analyst to feel comfortable around the technologies utilised by our systems, along with any tools that make our lives easier. Whilst not compulsory, exposure to any of the tools/technologies listed below (or similar) would be preferable – and would certainly help you settle to the role faster!
- • ERP exposure (preferably SAP)
- • SQL Server
- • PowerBI
- • Microsoft Office Suite
- • WokflowGen
- • NextThink
The goal for the right candidate is to understand and document current business procedures and identify areas for improvement. You will have the confidence to recommend change and implement new business solutions.
- • The ability to produce and maintain procedures / flow charts for existing and new processes and record changes in line with guidelines.
- • Understanding stakeholder objectives and the underlying issues by carrying out workshops and interviews.
- • Investigating problems, and opportunities, seeking effective solutions to improve our product by creating excellent User Stories.
- • Identifying potential benefits, and available options for consideration.
- • Work with 3rd parties to understand the technical solution design and break the work down into Stories
- • Work with the Product Managers and QA analysts to define acceptance criteria.
- • Assist in delivery of business improvements through processes, data and information.
- • Assist in the implementation of new systems and changes to existing systems.
- • Lead business change in-line with strategic objectives
- • Proven experience as a Business Analyst (BCS/IIBA)
- • Experience working in a fast paced environment
- • Ability to prioritise workload
- • The ability to create excellent user stories
- • Comfortable working with the business and building new relationships
- • Be passionate about continuous improvement
- • The ability to understand the Safran Helicopter Engines product landscape
- • Experience running workshops
- • Proven experience in Project management
- • Loads of enthusiasm, valuing teamwork and having a ‘can-do' attitude
- • Spoken French (not compulsory)
- • You must possess strong communication skills and ability to liaise with multiple departments throughout the business.
- • Previous experience and use of the company's systems or equivalent workflow systems.
- • Good working knowledge of business software especially Microsoft desktop tools.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 91,000 employees. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran pursues a continuous strategy of differentiation through innovation and undertakes extensive ongoing research and development programs.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading manufacturer of helicopter engines, with more than 72,000 produced since being founded. It offers the widest range of helicopter turboshafts in the world and has more than 2,500 customers in 155 countries.
Ingénieur Etudes Systèmes orientés UX H/FPublished on 09/12/2019Bordes Cedex, France Regular Full time Data management and IT
Maintenance Centre Military (MCM) TechnicianPublished on 09/03/2019Segensworth North Fareham Hampshire, United Kingdom Regular Full time Manufacture / assembly and repair
Chargé de maintenance des Moyens D'Essais sur sites extérieurs H/FPublished on 09/17/2019Bordes Cedex, France Regular Full time Means and equipment maintenance